Fat32 on C: change to NTFS

Jaz1 20:01 27 Dec 06

Hi wondered if it was possible to convert my notebooks c:drive from Fat32 to NTFS with no major headaches? I bought this notebook recently and the muppets at the factory have installed the operating system over Fat32. I have a recovery disk and I believe there is a hidden partition with the files on, for the recovery procedure.

Should I reformat and re install or just leave be?...also the second partition was Fat32, but I reformatted this easily.

Your guidance is very much appreciated

VoG II 20:04 27 Dec 06
  KPC 20:04 27 Dec 06

my suggestion would be a complete clean install is needed.

I am Spartacus 20:09 27 Dec 06

If it's a recovery disk you may not have the option of formatting in NTFS on a reinstall.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:15 27 Dec 06

I bought this notebook recently and the muppets at the factory have installed the operating system over Fat32.I have a recovery disk and I believe there is a hidden partition with the files on, for the recovery procedure.

That might be because the recovery system may only recognise a FAT32 partition.

Taff™ 23:46 27 Dec 06

Must be an Acer then! Why anyone would want a 100Gb drive split into two (roughly 50Gb) Fat 32 drives is beyond me too. Am I right?

Jaz1 22:42 28 Dec 06

Thanks for all your input, I have changed my drice C from Fat32 to NTFS quite easily without reformatting etc...Just used VOG's suggestion. and the procedure lasted just 3 minutes. Damn fast if you ask me?

Ta

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos