FAT - NTFS Problem

I have just converted my hard drive to NTFS but now have a system which has slowed to a crawl, even openin a folder takes 10-15 seconds.

Task manager (using XP Pro) shows my CPU usage as being minimal so I am confused.

Any ideas?

Jester2K II 09:07 30 Jul 03

Have you rebooted or defragged since?

Can you give some more info about your system?

kentylad 09:15 30 Jul 03

If you can, I would suggest backing up your neccessary work and starting from square one: re-install XP and format to NTFS.

Many systems become stable after converting fro FAT32 - NTFS

I have rebooted a couple of times with no success.

Defragging as we speak (type).

System is an Athlon 900, Xp Pro, Geoforce 4 440mx Graphics, 40 Gig Hd with loads of free space & 1 grumpy owner.

I would rather leave the ultimate fix (reformatting) till I`ve no other options kentylad, although I know it would give me the cleanest system.

alcudia 11:35 30 Jul 03

It looks like there may have been a hitch when you ran Convert. Are you sure you responded correctly to the 3 or 4 questions asked during the process. I assume you have converted because you have upgraded to XP from an earlier version of Windows. I have run Convert in the past on a system with many programs installed and had problems. It may be best to backup and reformat. Then run Convert on clean system. The three machines I have done this way all work perfectly.
If you need assistance in how to reformat back to Fat32 to reinstall Win98 or other version please post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…