FastExcel

VoG II 20:25 08 Feb 04

click here

Anyone used it? Any opinions?

There doesn't seem to be an evaluation version and I don't want to part with £49 for a load of ....

VoG II 23:16 08 Feb 04

Say I wanted it to time boiled eggs?

Chegs ® 00:55 09 Feb 04

Sorry VoG,but as your the resident PCA expert on Excel,your going to have to read thru the various pages to see if it would suit you(Sir) ;-)

VoG II 21:01 09 Feb 04

Hmm ... no response whatsoever from MrExcel.

spikeychris 21:18 09 Feb 04

Excels for girls.

VoG II 21:20 09 Feb 04

I wish I was a girl.

spikeychris 21:26 09 Feb 04

I wish you was a girl. Your pic might look a bit better.

powerless 21:30 09 Feb 04

STOP IT YOU FLIRTS!

I think this is one of those moments where VoG has failed to get the answer he would require and therefore on behalf of the forum I would like to SORRY ;-))

On a brighter note, spend your matter, give it a whirl and give us the feedback.

NOTE: Not that I use Excel anyway :innocent:

spikeychris 21:36 09 Feb 04

Alright then...on behalf of the forum I'd like to say sorry.

Sorry your not a girl that is. :o)

Jarvo 21:55 09 Feb 04

Can you not wait that half second for excel to do its thing? I would have thought that good design will do most of what this prog dose and you are a master at that.

regards

Jarvo

VoG II 22:17 09 Feb 04

Thank you for the (misplaced) compliment. Sensible design is obviously important but in the real world not always possible. I can start a project, design a form to accept data and do calculations on it, then something happens and you start measuring something else, or drop a measurement or whatever. Starting again is normally not an option - time and cost.

My real interest in this software is that, as with many things, there are usually several ways to reach an objective in Excel. I would be interested in optimising them.

I'm also potentially interested in the timing routines. With all modesty I know how to time VBA code but to time Worksheet functions - jeez.

I work with some pretty big workbooks and a few milliseconds saved on one calculation could add up to minutes on one of those books.

Where's Chris the Ancient, Whisperer, pc moron and all the other Excel experts? Do you think this software really could deliver, even if you have not used it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…