Fastest Download Manager

prince midas 15:46 03 Dec 04

At the moment I use either Flashget or Getright & both download on my normal Dialup system at around 4.3 k. Sometimes Flashget catches the download & othertimes Getright .

Someone tells me that IDM will download a lot quicker but is this a pipedream with my average of 4.3. Comments please.

ACOLYTE 15:49 03 Dec 04

What ever one you use you wont see a big difference on dial up with the speeds,download managers are ok for continuing dloads if you get cut off but most don't boost the speed.As for using 2 download managers i dunno if there is an advantage or not.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 15:54 03 Dec 04

4.3 is about average for a dial up connection I personaly never got above on 56k dialup thats one of the reasons I changed to BB same price as dialup depending on what you want

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 15:56 03 Dec 04

above 5k

anchor 16:15 03 Dec 04

Casting my mind back to the days before I got broadband, I recall 4.3k was quite typical.

Download managers did not make any significant difference in speed, but useful because they enable downloads to be resumed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…