Faster Ram for Medion Computer

RussB74 11:02 01 Feb 09

Hi all
Has anyone on the forum got a Medion MD8822 Computer and been able to upgrade to faster ram, if so could you please tell me what it was.

DJ Techz 12:00 01 Feb 09

try Crucial.com and use their ' scan my system' scanner. It will tell you what RAM is compatible with your pc

DieSse 12:11 01 Feb 09

This is what Crucial suggest for your system.

click here

DieSse 12:12 01 Feb 09

UK link if you're in UK

click here

RussB74 12:53 01 Feb 09

Many thanks to all, I think I will forget about faster memory, I have 2 gigs of the recomended memory and will stick with that.

Kind regards

Russell

Dipso 20:32 02 Feb 09

I have one and upgraded it to run 2Gb of RAM. This may be of interest click here

I have the same as linked to by DieSse...mine cost £37.99 when I bought it nearly 2 years ago though!!!

RussB74 11:34 04 Feb 09

Hi Dipso

I couldn`t get into the forum that your link pointed to, if you do return to this thread could you please tell me what it said regarding putting in better memory into the Medion MD8822.

Many Thanks

Russell

Dipso 16:36 05 Feb 09

Hi, you should register there if you haven't already. Lots of helpful stuff about Medion PC's.

To sum up, Crucial indicates that the MS-7318 motherboard only supports up to 2GB RAM but some people says more can be used. One person is running 3GB , 1x2Gb and 1x1GB and says it runs fine, then someone said if you try 4Gb your soundcard stops working. The matter was taken up with Crucial who said there was no benefit to upgrading to more than 2Gb and that it could coause problems if you did.

HTH

Dipso 16:36 05 Feb 09

Hi, you should register there if you haven't already. Lots of helpful stuff about Medion PC's.

To sum up, Crucial indicates that the MS-7318 motherboard only supports up to 2GB RAM but some people says more can be used. One person is running 3GB , 1x2Gb and 1x1GB and says it runs fine, then someone said if you try 4Gb your soundcard stops working. The matter was taken up with Crucial who said there was no benefit to upgrading to more than 2Gb and that it could coause problems if you did.

HTH

RussB74 14:50 06 Feb 09

Hi Dipso

It`s great that you should let me have this information, I will definitely stay as I am with the memory that I have installed.

Kind Regards

Russell

RussB74 15:09 06 Feb 09

Hi Dipso again

I thought I would let you know that I have joined that forum, it`s great..
Many Thanks

Russell

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…