faster loading digital camera

tbird 21:44 22 Mar 04

I own an Olympus c220, the problem is that even with 2300ma rechargable batteries I have to wait at least 10 seconds before the camera is able to take another shot , so is there a faster acting camera on the market for less than £250

temp003 02:18 23 Mar 04

Any recent models will not have that problem. Basically, you don't really have to worry about this aspect when you choose your new camera. There are still differences in timing for different models, but not really significant given that you'll take time to compose the next picture. A lot of cameras also offer continuous mode shooting, which will be the answer if you need that function.

Canon always produces reliable cameras (not necessarily sleek to look at). For your price range, the PowerShot A series should suit your needs (like the A80). The PowerShot S series gives you more control; more expensive, but you might find a model within your budget.

Olympus cameras are actually very good too.

A few examples of cycle time (between shots) reported on click here :

Canon PowerShot A80 is less than 1.5s.

PowerShot S50 is about 1.7s.

Olympus Stylus (or mju) 400 (they have different model names in different countries) - about 2.4s for larger higher quality photos, and 1.9s for smaller ones.

Olympus C-50 Zoom is about 2.8s, the c-750 Ultra Zoom is 2 to 2.5s.

Nikon Coolpix 4300 is about 2.5s. 3700 is 1.5 to 2s.

All the timings are fast enough for practical purposes.

So by all means check the cycle times in reviews (they never form part of the camera specifications - unless the time is really fast), but I suggest you concentrate on other specifications, such as lens range, pixel count and other functions.

One thing you'll have to ditch is the SmartMedia card. Olympus used to use them but have given up on them.

hssutton 09:16 23 Mar 04

temp003 has covered almost everything, so I will add just one thing. The rated power of batteries have nothing do with the write speed, this is down to the camera and the size of the buffer.

JerryJay 10:49 23 Mar 04

If you want to have fast loading digital camera, you could get Pentax Optio S4 and wait new Pentax Optio S4i to drop price.

Bagsey 11:18 23 Mar 04

I have just bought an Olympus c730uz for my last holiday in Oman and used extensively. I found no trouble at all with time delay between photos. It has XD cards and 10 x Optical zoom Also on a 128 meg card I can take 6.5 minutes of video. plu sound.

byfordr 11:23 23 Mar 04

You could try the C50-zoom for under £250 5mp, take XD cards

click here

Al94 11:48 23 Mar 04

I have just bought an Olympus mju400 at £239 from click here great camera, also uses XD cards. I had a smart media card pcmcia reader so got this handy adaptor from here click here

Al94 11:50 23 Mar 04

her's the actual link to the camera, this is a good price. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…