fastconv.exe usage

phono 23:10 19 Apr 06

Has anybody got any experience with using fastconv.exe? It is an unsupported MS tool that is supposed to let you decompress the *.dat files saved after a Files And Settings Transfer operation, thus allowing access to individual files.

An idiots guide with examples would be very much appreciated as I have been unable to get it to work properly so far.

Better still, does anyone know of a Windows based program that will do the same thing?

phono 23:42 19 Apr 06

Has anybody used fastconv.exe?

phono 18:16 20 Apr 06

No takers then?

remind 18:22 20 Apr 06
  phono 18:28 20 Apr 06

Thanks for the link, it looks promising, I can't try it out tonight so will do so tomorrow some time and report back.

Once again, many thanks.

phono 22:01 22 Apr 06

Tried the suggestions in the link to no avail, I keep getting an error message that the source is not valid, or something similar, no matter what combination I try, from numerous Google searches it appears that most people have little or no success with fastconv.exe.

I think I will start another thread to see if there is an alternative way of accessing these files.

phono 14:47 28 Apr 06

No further takers so I'll close as unresolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…