Fast4 ISP (Company is called Breath)

David4637 19:35 22 Apr 09

The above are offering a very cheap Dial Up service using a freephone number (no BT charges) and registration on line for £7 unlimited surfing.
Has anyone got an experience of this ISP. Is the speed OK, any comments please?
Thanks David (with Tiscali ISP)

johnnyrocker 19:41 22 Apr 09

as it is dial up i would expect not very fast

johnny

canarieslover 20:05 22 Apr 09

I have used them as a broadband supplier for more than two years and have no problems with them. Don't know about the Dial Up as I have no experience of that.

David4637 17:01 23 Apr 09

Thanks both for replies. Have they a good customer service - Tiscali are very poor at it, although their reliability for connections and speed are very acceptable. David

canarieslover 19:21 23 Apr 09

When I did have a couple of problems with slow speed, when I had only been with them a couple of months, they responded very quickly and soon had me up to speed again. I currently get approx. 6mb download speed on an up to 8mb tarriff. I have not had much else in the way of problems since then.

Taff™ 08:43 24 Apr 09

Fast4 appears to be owned by Breathe Internet, an ISP I was with since Dial Up days last century before I moved to Pipex Broadband who are now owned by Tiscali. Breathe went seriously downhill when the current owners took over and had several weeks of problems with their dial up e-mail services last year. I only kept it live to make sure some of my long standing contacts had changed to my new e-mail address.

More recently Breathe decided that my original e-mail account could only be accessed by dial up connection unless I paid them an annual fee - farewell breathemail! I wouldn`t pay them in washers. Very poor and expensive support and unreliable. It will be interesting to see if anyone else on the forum uses them.

David4637 13:39 25 Apr 09

Thanks for your replies. Any one else have experience of Fast4 ISP(Breath), with particular reference to Dial Up and download speed. I currently get 4KBytes per second which is OK for surfing, but a bit slow for downloading files greater than say 3MB . Thanks David

David4637 21:33 26 Apr 09

Refresh, any comments about Fast4 ISP. Thanks David

David4637 16:33 28 Apr 09

Refresh - last call for comments on Fast4 ISP - for speed, reliability, customer service? Thanks David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009