Giantsquid 18:32 19 Nov 03

Anyone know where to find the settings for the above with xp,

Jester2K II 18:34 19 Nov 03

Don't think they exist!!!

Whats the problem??

Giantsquid 18:36 19 Nov 03

My mates comp is real slow to shut down and restart

Diodorus Siculus 18:36 19 Nov 03

Well, putting your computer into hibernation rather than shutdown is one way of doing it... the pc will save currently in RAM to a file on the hdd and then restore from there.

But if you give more details of what you are striving to achieve, we may have better answers for you.

froggg 18:38 19 Nov 03

microsoft have a free download called 'bootvis'.Unpack it to where you can find it,not the default

Diodorus Siculus 18:38 19 Nov 03

Do you know any details of what the machine specs are? It may well be overloaded.

But one suggestion is to have as little as possible loading at startup time; after that it is guesswork withour more details.

johnnyrocker 18:40 19 Nov 03

does this help slow start/shutdown then?

Jester2K II 18:41 19 Nov 03

BootViz optimises the startup process.

now whats the PC spec?

Jester2K II 18:42 19 Nov 03

Also how old is it and how many applications are starting with the PC??

Giantsquid 18:43 19 Nov 03

I'm off now to help him with a few other problems with the comp, so cannot go into much detail it's a new machine so I just wondered if there is a answer in the Bios for this, I remember ME had a turn on/off for enable fast shutdown but a quick look in the XP bios does not show it,

Will post back with more info tomorrow,

hugh-265156 18:47 19 Nov 03

i dont think bootvis is available anymore.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…