Far Cry Uninstall, help!

rickf 14:31 22 Feb 05

HI All,
Has anyone had any probs uninstalling this game? I can't uninstall it. It goes until 2/3rds of the way and shows error code. Any help appreciated.OS WinXP Service pack 2, P4 2Ghz.

hugh-265156 16:59 22 Feb 05

have you tried uninstalling it in safe mode? maybe this will allow it to uninstall.

If it still wont budge when you try to uninstall it from safe mode then you will need to delete the ubisoft game folder in C:\program files or the location you saved it to and then edit the registry to remove it from the add remove programs list. a bit messy but it should work in my opinion. make a system restore point if you are trying this just in case.

right click your 'start button/explore' then navigate to the ubisoft far cry folder and delete it.

next click 'start/run' and type 'regedit' then click ok. click on 'my computer' (top left) to highlight it and then click 'file/export' this will allow you to save a back up of your registry to a location of your choosing that can be restored by clicking on the .reg file (just in case things go bad and system restore lets you down)

once backed up click the '+' next to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE' to expand it and navigate to 'Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall' click the '+' next to 'uninstall' and you will see a list below it of all the software listed in add remove programs. look here for the entry related to far cry or ubisoft and delete it. restart your computer.

ps. the above method only removes the entry from add remove programs so i would run a reg cleaner to clean up the rest of the reg entries left behind by the game if you wish (shouldnt do any harm to leave them though. regseeker is easy to use click here

g0nvs 18:00 22 Feb 05

Or you could install the game again & uninstall it & see what happens, had this problem myself in the past this method worked.

rickf 20:34 22 Feb 05

Thanks guys. I did try to reinstall but it would do so.I'll close now until the w/end when I have more time to deal with it;.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009