far cry 8800gts 320mb graphics problem

brad paisley 19:26 01 Nov 07

don't have access on my new pc to internet so can't solve it online by downloading patches or anythink.

but FAR CRY looks awful on my new pc. the graphics card is more than enough to play this on very high. but it looks very poor. beach turns black, water looks like concrete. i have changed the settings to very high, but no different and infact worst.

any help guys?

citadel 20:16 01 Nov 07

make sure the card is fully in the slot and the extra power connector is pluged into the card. there have beeb many patches for this game, they are on the discs that come with pc mags if you kow someone that gets pc gamer or pc zone.

jarvis10@btinternet.com 20:32 01 Nov 07

it's on 1.41 at the moment click here also the memory bug on the 320 8800 was only fully fixed on the last driver update.

Devil Fish 22:39 01 Nov 07

after you have checked citadels suggestions

do you have a friend who could download the patches for you as their are known bugs on version 1.0 of far cry and you will hit more problems than just the graphics you need to patch it

also if you can update your graphics and sound drivers at the same time

BTW i have patched to version 1.41 and it flies on my 880ogtx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…