far cry 2 wont play DELL Dimension 9150 help!

SANAP 09:40 02 Dec 08

Need a new graphics card so that Far Cry 2 will play on dell dimension 9150 with a pentium 4, 3.0ghz chip. Its only 2 years old! Its so long since I bought anything like graphics cards I anm lost. I beleive PCI express are the best but need loads of watts.

Is there a tool/gadget that will tell me what pci card I can fit in this Dell 9150? I may as well get the very best but with my luck I dont want to ebd up with one that will not work. For some reason I like ATI but as this games mentions Nvidia a lot I might as well stick with them.

sanap

citadel 17:13 02 Dec 08

as it appears the 9150 has a pci express 16 slot any pci express grahics card will work. you need to know what power supply the pc has as some cards require a minimum of 500w. a ati 4830 or ati 4850 depending on what you want to spend would suit.

scotty 18:50 02 Dec 08

I have used a nvidia 8800 in a Dell 9150 with no power issues. It was a replacement for a 6800 which burnt out.

SANAP 00:00 03 Dec 08

Thanks all for replies. I did more research and this game is power hungry graphics card has to have 512mb, mine has 256mb PCI Expressa, I got it when Far Cry came out, pure concidence, and only 3 years old, everything else on pc passes. So to play game need new card for about £100.00 or more plus £25.00 game, whew. Before I get card I am going to check if inside of PC has the right connectors. The ati4850 is £151.00 plus p&p, says it needs 450 watts but all the reciews said it drew less than that. Trying to be a bit future proofed!!

sanap

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…