FAO: temp003 your help please or anyone for BIOS?

Giggle n' Bits 21:17 16 Nov 04

I need to do a bios upgrade but this time its for a Asus P4R800-VM Motherboard (Intel P4) Current BIOS is 1005 but needs to be the Rev: 1006 BIOS

If temp003 is around and sees this post or can anyone give me a easy ish step by step of how to pre & update this bios.

Before I used DR Dflash Tool, & Asus Award Flash tool with some files generated from a 98Se system onto a floppy. With it being a while and I have done it once is why I need some help.

Last time I think I got the Floppy prepaired and booted from it and everything went Honky Dory.

But as the BIOS update file is different I am also stuck.

Er can I/do I use the same routine as before and just change the BIOS update file required which is P4RVM1006 anyone know what AFUDOS is for when its was Award Flash last time I did a BIOS update.

User-312386 22:03 16 Nov 04

click here you will see the BIOS update tool(Afudos BIOS update tool V2.11 ), which will do it all for you.

Install it then run it, it will connect to the asus site and download the latest BIOS and then flash it for you with no problems

Giggle n' Bits 22:08 16 Nov 04

But i havent got the WinXP SP2 installed yet.

I know I have the option to ALT & F2 or From within windows online to download update.

Which way is better and safest Please ?

Thanks for your call madboy33©®

temp003 01:54 17 Nov 04

According to the online manual for this motherboard, you can flash the BIOS by using either of 2 methods: using afudos.exe in the traditional DOS way, or using Asus EZ Flash from within Windows (if you have installed EZ Flash already).

EZ Flash avoids the need to create a DOS-bootable floppy. When you start computer, press ALT-F2, you then put in a floppy (no need to be bootable) which has the BIOS update file on it, and EZ Flash will flash it for you without you having to type in the commands.

EZ Flash should be easier.

All you have to do is download the latest BIOS from the website. It's called P4RVM1006.zip. Unzip it and you will get a file called P4RVM1006.ami. You must rename the file as P4R800VM.ROM

Copy the file to a clean floppy.

Restart computer, and press Alt-F2 during POST.

As soon as you see message "User recovery requested. Starting BIOS recovery ...", insert the floppy.

It should check the floppy, look for the P4R800VM.ROM file, and start flashing. Wait patiently for it to finish, don't do anything. It will say "Flashed successfully. Rebooting".

Once the computer starts rebooting, remove floppy and let computer boot.

Giggle n' Bits 10:40 17 Nov 04

I managed it, excellent & easy for me to understand the routine.

All worked fine ALT & F2 process.

Thank You for your call and hope your sound.

temp003 00:42 18 Nov 04

Yes, I'm managing. Thank you. Glad you've done it successfully.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…