fans start automatically when i plug in power lead

mcds01 18:01 27 Aug 05

I have been having problems with one of my pcs and have borrowed a motherboard from a friend to test things.

I have the new motherboard in the chasis and all my drives etc cabled up. Now whenever I plug in the power cord the Power Supply and processor fan come on and stay on. I know sometimes the will rotate a couple of times but these act as if the PC is booting up but there is no output to the screen! Anyone know why this is happening?

Could it be that I do not have the cables for the power switch and power LED etc wired correctly? The motherboard had no manual so Im not sure exactly how the should have been installed but I do no think they would make the fans behave in such a way.

woodchip 21:11 27 Aug 05

The motherboard is a old board, and sounds like it's from a AT system computer. Are you running Win98se on the comp? and have you cleaned the HD and reinstalled OS?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…