Fans!

Bioshox 10:00 02 Nov 08

I have all 3 of my Fans connected to a header on the motherboard

All of my fans are 3PIN Connectors
I have 2 3PIN Headers
and 2 4PIN Headers

I connected my main fan (Sharkoon Silent Eagle) to a 4PIN Header (Note the fan is only 3PIN)

Before I connected it to this 4PIN (It was originally on a 3PIN Header) it span fast, and kicked up with no problem

But now it flashes on and off then on at boot, and sometimes doesn't kick off at all

And one of my motherboard sensors is reading the computer at 92/95oC and my other temps average around 30/40oC

Anyone know what my problems are?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:26 02 Nov 08

motherboard?

you will need a pin out drawing for the header to make sure you connect to the correct 3 out of 4 pins.

anything in the motherboard manual?

Bioshox 10:36 02 Nov 08

Its connected right, there's only one way it can slide into it, as there a back that guides it in covering 3 pins and not the 4th.

I am Spartacus 12:10 02 Nov 08

Check that you haven't enabled a speed control setting in the BIOS. Some fans won't spin up properly or 'tick' if the setting is too slow.

Bioshox 13:21 02 Nov 08

What exactly will it be called?
Is it AMD Cool & Quiet
I thought that was just the CPU?

I am Spartacus 13:29 02 Nov 08

What's the make and model of your motherboard? I'll have a look at the manual. You're right, Cool and Quiet slows down the CPU when not under load to reduce temperature.

Bioshox 13:40 02 Nov 08
  I am Spartacus 14:02 02 Nov 08

In the PC Health section of the BIOS disable:

CPU Smart Fan Control
System Smart Fan Control

CPU Smart Fan Mode will then not be configurable.

If it's then too noisy you can set the settings back to what they were and try another fan. Noctua fans work OK at slow speeds.

Bioshox 14:03 02 Nov 08

OKay Thanks Ill Give It A Bash Now

Bioshox 14:08 02 Nov 08

I disabled both

CPUID Hardware Monitoring says its at 985RPM, but it still looks slow the other two are a 2000+ RPM

I am Spartacus 14:14 02 Nov 08

You could try a molex to fan adapter. I can't find a single one but there's a multi adapter at click here

The trouble with that is you may have to disable the CPU Fan Fail Warning in the BIOS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…