Fancy a read? XPSP2...

powerless 21:47 05 May 04

Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP SP2 v2.0

click here

stalion 22:35 05 May 04

Powerless I have had a read and it is very interesting should help a lot in the fight against worms and viruses when it is released.

User-312386 23:41 05 May 04

Allready using XPSP2 Beta version

It is very good and i am impressed

They have ironed some bugs from the first bulid and i would say that Microsoft are 90% there on SP2

rawprawn 08:25 06 May 04

I have been running SP2 Beta for about 6 weeks, and like madboy33©® I am very impressed. What I don't understand in your link is, are Microsoft saying to add this download to SP2? because SP2 has an auto download system that is excellent, and it tells me it's up to date.

AcidBurn7uk 09:05 06 May 04

I have to say that Microsoft are getting their act together where security is concerned. I think though that overdoing it with service packs for XP may have a bad effect on the next release of windows (Longhorn). MS are going to have to make it extra special. XP HAS become the OS o choice, In a recent poll on the site, more than half of the forum users run XP.

I had SP2 beta installed a while ago, and found that in SERIOUSLY hampered my puters performance, eventually requiring a fresh install of windows!! I hope this isn't a problem with the final release as I, other than perfomance issue and incompatability with norton AV, it was exellent!!

Come on Microsoft!!

Tog 12:55 06 May 04

"In a recent poll on the site, more than half of the forum users run XP. "

Is that because they wanted it or because it came preloaded? :-}

Anyway, XP is certainly getting there and once it arrives and I can afford all the hardware upgrades that are necessary to go with it, I'll splash out on the OS upgrade. Unfortunately, it will probably have been superceded by then, which might be a good thing as all the script kiddies will haven turned their attention to the new version. Damn this empty wallet. Wife! go get a job...

powerless 21:12 06 May 04

"This document specifically focuses on the changes between earlier versions of Windows XP and Windows XP Service Pack 2 and reflects Microsoft’s early thinking about Service Pack 2 and its implications for developers."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…