Fancy helping us with an experiment?

Forum Editor 19:54 22 Aug 05

The site's been offline today, as many of you will know. We're sorry for the lack of service, but we needed to do some in-depth work on the server, and we had to stop the databases in order to do it.
We've been investigating the recent site problems at some length,and we think we may have identified the culprit - we're pretyy sure it's "My postings". When people start accessing that database we hit problems with page loadings, and it's related to the sheer size of 'My postings'.

I would be very grateful if everyone could steer clear of 'My postings' for a day or so - try to do without the facility of you would - and we'll see what happens. If things seems faster and more stable that way we'll probably take that database offline altogether within the next 24 hours, and run the forum without it for a while.

I'm sorry to be a pain, but we need the site to run in a more stable way, and this may be the answer - at least it will give us all a breathing space so we can resolve the problem once and for all.

Many thanks.

mole44 19:56 22 Aug 05

your wish is our command

Fateful Shadow 19:56 22 Aug 05

No problems...if it makes the forum better it's fine by me (and hopefully the rest of the members :P )

User-312386 19:56 22 Aug 05

No problem

"My Postings" as you say has been very very slow for the last 2-3 months

DieSse 19:57 22 Aug 05

No probs - as I mentioned to you at a previous time, I wondered whether that might be at the root of it.

octal 19:57 22 Aug 05

Not a pain at all, I must agree there does seem to be a problem when info is called from my postings.

Thanks for all your work so far.

patsyanne 19:57 22 Aug 05

Yep fine by me cause i dont like reading what stupid questions i have put on over the years anyway !

mattyc_92 19:59 22 Aug 05

I will try my best to remember this FE....

VoG II 20:03 22 Aug 05

Will do.

No idea 20:06 22 Aug 05

PC Advisor is The place to get great results, and i'm not crawling

Stuartli 20:07 22 Aug 05

The strange thing has been that you could look up individual threads listed on the Reviews page link, but not direct.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…