Fan speeds

Photographica1 14:02 22 Sep 07

Hi My new MOBO has been installed and all seems well except for a mildly annoying thing where the fans keep cycling up and down in speed. As they get faster they get louder etc. It speeds up for a minute or so then slows back down, a minute or so later the cycle starts again.
Is this normal, can I change something to stop it?
The MOBO is a MSI Neo p35 and it has the cpu fan and two large case fans plugged into it.
Help would be appreciated please.

citadel 18:04 22 Sep 07

you could install a fan controller and set them the way you desire, there are many to choose from.

Photographica1 18:33 22 Sep 07

Hi citadel,
Are you talking hardware or software, can you recommend any?

Thanks

Quiet Life 18:51 22 Sep 07

Speedfan which is free can do what you want.
Download from here click here

I am Spartacus 19:48 22 Sep 07

Speedfan doesn't work with all motherboards so, just in case, the Zalman Fanmate is relatively cheap and effective click here

The BIOS may have settings to change how the fans operate. In mine I've set them to run full speed all the time, I found it annoying when they used to cycle up and down and have replaced the nosiest fans with quiet ones.

I am Spartacus 20:00 22 Sep 07

I didn't have nosy fans I had noisy ones:o)

citadel 21:02 22 Sep 07

you can get fan controllers that fit into a drive bay with dials to turn up or down for each fan.

Photographica1 09:15 23 Sep 07

Thanks everyone...

need to know what bios you have, on most if you add ten degrees to the temps on fan acceleration it should stop erratic fan speed. but need to know more about the set up and what support it has ie amd cool and quiet etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac