the fan for my cpu stop working

bibo1465 22:05 21 Mar 05

hi everyone

Please i need your help.I bought a pc 7 months ago,with
asus motherboard model (K8V SE deluxe) .

I have been having problem with the CPU fan.It start normally, Example:(the speed 3100 RPM)then the speed start going down to 700 RPM then the fan for the CPU stop working.

I bought another fan thinking it might solve the problem,the same thing happened as above.

I have AMD 64 athlon 3400+,socket 754

luckily i have software comes with the motherboard called(ASUSPROB), it tell me the (cpu temperature,the temperature for the case).from there when i found out about the fan

Can you please tell me what is the problem?
I hope to hear from you very soon.

My kindest regards

Giggle n' Bits 22:09 21 Mar 05

looked inside your case why the computer is running to pyschically see if your fan is spinning ?

When you fit a fan over the CPU have you replaced the full Heatsink unit also ?

Jak_1 22:10 21 Mar 05

To be quite honest you should have had it repaired under the warrantee, but now you have replaced the fan it will be void.

Could be a faulty power connection, methinks you really need an engineer to to give it the once over.

bibo1465 22:16 21 Mar 05

hi everyone

i would like to thank you for the quick reply.

Le Chip:the fan is spinning first after 5 minutes the fan stop working,yes i replaced the full heat sink.

Jak_1:When i called technical support,i asked them if i can buy and reply the fam muself ,and does this void the warranty they said to me no it won't.

I will call the enginne tomorrow.
thank you again

Belatucadrus 23:32 21 Mar 05

click here read this, it may be somthing to do with "Cool 'n' Quiet !".

bibo1465 07:48 11 Apr 05

hi everyone

just i want to let other people know the result.may be they have the same problem as me. the pc engineer came to my home, and he found out the problem was:
First: i have motherboard ASUS K8V SE DELUXE.

the problem: in the BIOS>power tab>there is something called (Q FAN),it was enable,that was cause the problem. It Should be DISABLE.

The engineer restart my pc and wait about 20 minutes, to see the result, the fan works perfectly well and untill now still working well.

good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…