Fan on Laptop Problem

Scott_the_Scot 12:10 04 Mar 05

Since I have installed Windows XP onto my Mesh laptop the fan has stopped running. The fan runs fine as the laptop is switched on and goes through the bios stuff but stops as soon as windows starts to load. Any ideas as to why this is happening.

FelixTCat 12:25 04 Mar 05

The fan is temperature controlled and will only run when the internal temperature exceeds a pre-set level. You will find that when you run a processor-intensive application the fan will start up.

Scott_the_Scot 12:33 04 Mar 05

I was thinking that. The thing is that when the machine had windows ME on it the fan ran all the time. I have been worried to use it incase it damages the processor. So have not tried any applications that may cause the fan to run.

FelixTCat 14:06 04 Mar 05

If it is a pentium processor, it will shut itself down before it gets too hot.

If you look in the BIOS, you may find that you can set a temperature monitor which will either alarm or shut the machine down at the set temperature.

Scott_the_Scot 14:18 04 Mar 05

I have just tried some aplications and your right when I was ripping a CD and downloading software the fan started up. Thanks for your help

FelixTCat 14:58 04 Mar 05

You're welcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…