Fan Adaptors.

Bowsprit 12:27 04 Aug 04

I can find plenty 60-80mm but can't find other sizes.Anyone seen others?

Stuartli 12:48 04 Aug 04

Got one recently from click here (40-60mm) in aluminium after difficulty finding one here.

It's a US website and the total cost including p and p was £19 after conversion.

Took just a week to arrive after placing order (US Air Postal Service); its staff proved very helpful when I made a mess of the online ordering, cancelling it and switching to my second order for the adapter.

Quick e-mail responses as well - in fact a lot of UK companies could learn to follow similar philosophy.

€dstowe 12:57 04 Aug 04

What size fans do you want?

Overclockers do a range from 40mm to 120mm click here and more

Bowsprit 13:00 04 Aug 04

Eventually found it but out of stock click here Sorry to say this but when searching noticed 40-60mm plastic ones on a site for a few pounds.Hope i've not spoiled your day and thanks for replying.

Stuartli 13:00 04 Aug 04

It's not a fan that's required but a fan adapter.

€dstowe 13:00 04 Aug 04

Sorry, I think I misunderstood your question. You want fan adaptors, right?

Why not use the correct size fan?

Stuartli 13:01 04 Aug 04

It's to use a smaller fan in a larger aperture - sometimes not always possible to use the correct size fan.

Stuartli 13:02 04 Aug 04

Or vice-versa.

€dstowe 13:10 04 Aug 04

I'm failing to envisage the circumstances where this is necessary.

Bowsprit 13:28 04 Aug 04

The inlet fan on the case was 60mm and far too small so i cut a larger hole in the metal case and fitted a 80mm fan.I have since installed extra hard disks etc. and it's amazing how much the temperature has risen.To save cutting case again i'll use adaptor and fit 92mm fan.The 80mm extract fan and PSU will easily suck it out at the other end and lower temp. again.That's the idea anyway.

Stuartli 13:29 04 Aug 04

If there were no circumstances there would be little point in producing such adapters.

In my case, it was my son who required one for some new stuff he'd bought that was running at far too high a temperature.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…