Family Tree software?

Marko797 09:10 06 May 07

I would like to develop a family tree, so wanted to ask if anyone could recommend a decent program?

ArrGee 09:30 06 May 07

Personal Brain (free edition, no limits).

Ok, I know that this is not a family tree application, but a friend of mine has created a pretty good family tree using it.

click here

eedcam 09:51 06 May 07

I use this click here Its British and though it doesn't look all fancy graphics and charts like most others is a very
thorough prog. It is more like working in M/soft office in a way but still produces all you need

Wak 10:48 06 May 07

The Church of the Latter Day Saints supply a FREE program called the Personal Ancestral File which is excellent and will do all that you require. I have used it for years.
click here

n4165si 14:23 06 May 07

Marko797
make certain whatever you use that you can accommodate more than eight children on the programme ,i use Family Tree Maker although its not free its easy to use but can only get eight children listed,remember your ancestors had big families unlike today.

Wak 14:41 06 May 07

The Personal Ancestral file mentioned above has a space to show 8 children but scroll bars are added to show more children when necessary.

Marko797 20:37 06 May 07

Thanks 2u all for the replies. I'll explore the options. Thnx.

Marko797 20:40 06 May 07

Have looked at some of the suggestions:
Family Tree Maker doesn't represent the information in the way I would like, and with this in mind, prefer the look of Family Historian and the free version (30 days) looks a good format. I'll check the suggestion from Wak too. Thnx again.

baldtaco 22:34 06 May 07

I'm told you might like the free standard edition on the below page. It's clean but you would have to register it. click here

Marko797 10:20 10 May 07

Thanks again 2 all for the inputs

Woolwell 12:25 10 May 07

Missed your original post.

I have over the years tried about 3 family history programs and eventually settled on Family Historian. It is worthwhile doing the tutorial supplied.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…