Family Tree

mjd 14:14 28 Jul 05

I've been using Softkey's Family Tree (Version 1.5) for quite some time (on Win98) and have quite a lot of stuff in it. I've now bought a new computer but I can't load it into Win XP. Is there any way of getting Family Tree to work in XP? If not, anyone know a good program to replace it with?

Sapins 14:19 28 Jul 05

Look in Help and Support index under older applications, it explains how to run older software.

Bagsey 15:08 28 Jul 05

Look in Help and Support for info on running it in compatability mode. That should help you.

Bagsey 15:10 28 Jul 05

Just tried typing in the search box "Compatability Mode" and a whole screed of info is available.

mjd 21:49 28 Jul 05

Thanks folks. Unfortunately I've tried all combinations of settings in Compatibility Mode but I still get an error message saying "Error while initalising!"

Eric10 22:12 28 Jul 05

Softkey Legacy Family Tree. click here I haven't used it myself but it says XP compatible.

NotsoNewuser 22:39 28 Jul 05

I ise Family Tree Maker 2005 and it is fine.

Wak 17:04 29 Jul 05

I would imagine that the FREE Personal Ancestral File produced by the Church of the Latter Day Saints would run on any system.
I've been using it for the last six years on Win 98SE and it's a very good program.
Check out their web site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…