Family History Census Records and XP

rafvr 17:06 22 Jul 04

I have just purchased a new computer with Windows XP installed. I have tried several times to install the programmes for running the 1881 Census and the British Vital Records but the programmes will not work. Has anyone else tried to use these with XP and if so and managed to get them to run, how did you do it?

Any advice will be gratefully received.

Thank you

stylehurst 17:15 22 Jul 04

I have both programs installed & operating under Windows 2000k.
According to the site both programs should work under XP.
Just a thought if you continue to have problems why not use the facility in XP to fool the program into thinking you have W98.
Don't know the details as don't use XP.

Diodorus Siculus 17:16 22 Jul 04

XP has compatibility mode for running programs - have a look and see if it will help you.

rafvr 11:02 25 Jul 04

Thank you, Stylehurst and Diodorus Siculus, for your replies to my posting.
My program had worked fine with Windows 98SE and Windows 2000 Professional, but not with XP.
I have tried using the XP compatibility mode but still no luck.
Finally I contacted the Family History help, in Salt Lake City ([email protected])and they forwarded a download that should (in theory) cure the problem as long as the "Family History Resource File Viewer is 4.0 or above. Mine is 4.0, but I still haven't been able to run the program.

rafvr 21:55 30 Jul 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…