False printing of alignment page

Nenad 12:20 13 Mar 12

My HP Deskjet F4100 has a printing problem It prints the alignment page each time I switch on, and after each print. Sometimes a box saying the software should be re-installed also pops up. I have tried to un-install the softare via Vista and to un-install the HP printers listed but this doesn't work. Often it also fails to print although the print order can be seen. It seems to be acting as if a new cartridge has been put in when it hasn't. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Sea Urchin 13:12 13 Mar 12

Try this:

stop alignment

Nenad 14:46 15 Mar 12

Hi Sea Urchin Thank you for the suggestion which I have tried a good number of times over the past few days but unfortunately it hasn't solved the problem. My printer still prints the alignment page when I switch it on and when I order printing. I have followed the procedure and that given in the Tips & Warnings to no avail. The printer is also sending the print order to a queue and not printing it. Have you any further ideas please.

Sea Urchin 15:29 15 Mar 12

Have you tried re-installing the Printer driver? You should uninstall the existing driver first, and then use your disk to reinstall. Remember to leave the USB cable disconnected until you're told you to connect it.

Nenad 21:30 19 Mar 12

Hi Sea Urchin Thank you for your further suggestion. This did not work but I found on the HP site detailed ideas for solving it and following these I think I have found the solution. The cartridge heads neaded cleaning and also moving the printer to another room socket may have helped, power on power off, etc. But after hours of frustration it's back to normal. Thank you again for your help. I am not sure how to do a link. But the info is on the HP site under "An alignment page prints when the All-in-One is turned on or off or a Print job is started".

Sea Urchin 22:27 19 Mar 12

Glad you found a solution, and thanks for the feedback.

In case it's useful for others with a similar problem this is I think the page to which you are referring

Alignment problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now