False positives

dogbreath1 10:04 25 Mar 05

click here for details of what is apparently an increasing problem. It seems that people have been deleting Spybot S&D after Ad-Aware had 'detected' it as a nasty. Now more than ever before I think that listed objects need sifting through manually rather than just using the procedure of batch dumping. Have any of you guys discovered any potentially problematic false positives while using any of the malware apps.?

Yoda Knight 11:50 25 Mar 05

no...

rawprawn 12:09 25 Mar 05

No

VoG II 12:20 25 Mar 05

I use StartpageGuard click here which modifies the registry to stop malware from changing the homepage.

Ad-aware flags this as a threat - I've simply added it to the exclude list.

No other false positives using Ad-aware, Spybot, AntiSpyware and a².

dogbreath1 19:22 25 Mar 05

Thanks for that. Your responses together with the absence of responses from others on this forum who use these applications is reassuring. It's so easy to recommend to a malware victim to let Spybot S&D (and others)fix what it finds. So unless negative comments are posted here it seems that that advice is still appropriate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…