falling snow..but only for a bit!

mco 18:31 23 Nov 05

I've seen the javascript links to get falling snow effects elsewhere on this forum, and I'm after a simple one to advertise a party on my site. But...I only want it to fall for a couple of seconds when you get to the page because otherwise I think it would be very irritating!! So could someone please tell me a bit of script I could add to ensure it only works for a short while and then stops? Or else does anyone know an example that has that option already written in?

ade.h 19:21 23 Nov 05

I think one of NOF's picture tools might be able to do this easily by creating a timed picture. I'll have to get back to you with more info tomorrow when I've been able to test it. (I keep NOF installed on my laptop and don't have access to it at the mo')

djinn 19:27 23 Nov 05

There's a pile of java applets over here click here check out the snow in the image effects section, that might fit the bill.

HTH
Cheers

mco 20:31 23 Nov 05

Thanks ade and thanks djinn. I will go and look at those applets djinn. I'm really really tempted to buy NOF9 ade.h - I don't need it as such NOF 7's doing the business as I learn more; I'm just sold on the new publicity and I want to treat myself!!

ade.h 21:18 23 Nov 05

I was intrigued by the promotional emails, I must admit. I'll look further into the new features, such as better CSS support, and see if they would really be beneficial. I suspect, however, that it won't be worth it for me. Moving from version 7 might make some sense though, as you'd be getting quite a few extra features. I would consider it if you find something that you want to do but can't do with v7. If you haven't reached that point yet, save your money.

mco 23:00 23 Nov 05

I think there is a lot different and better in NOF 9 from NOF 7 - and more important, I want to indulge myself! Let me know about the timed pictures please, as I haven't yet come up with anything else.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…