faked email address

halliborange 23:03 22 Jan 08

I have today received over 400 mail delivery failure notifications. It appears that a spammer has faked my e mail address when sending out mail. This results in all the "undeliverable" mail being reported back to me. Does anyone have any practical suggestions (yes, i would of course love to strangle the spammer) about what I could do to stop this? Hope you can help, Thanks

johnnyrocker 23:08 22 Jan 08

i would guess that someone who knows you has a mail virus which proceeds to mai out as everyone in the users address book, and because yours is correct and recipient is wrong you as a result get the 'bounces' i doubt it is the work of a spammer

johnny.

lotvic 23:26 22 Jan 08

this explains how it can happen click here

halliborange 23:31 22 Jan 08

Thanks, I think it is spam as some of the bounces contain the original message which is "Save today 60% Off ALL Designer Footwear such as Gucci Prada Chanel" so it certainly looks like spam. 400 bounces is quite high and indicates that a lot of mail must have been sent. Cheers, David

birdface 07:34 23 Jan 08

You could use E Prompter.All your mail will get sent there,And you just delete the spam and whatever you keep gets transferred to you own e-mail box.Its free.click here

BT 08:06 23 Jan 08

We put a dummy address in the first position in our address book. something like
worm send
E-mail Address(es):

this is supposed to stop anyone hijacking your address book.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now