Faint lines on Monitor

sidewinder e3 17:08 16 Apr 04

I have a Mitsubishi diamond plus 93SB, which came with my MESH. But there are 2 faint lines exactly where when playing a widescreen DVD . was this caused by me watching a DVD when i first purchased the PC or just because it is flatscreen.

Whaty 17:17 16 Apr 04

I think you will find this is normal. I can't just remember what they are now but it's because of the tube design.

Djohn 17:28 16 Apr 04

Yes, it's normal. They are the wires running across the screen to hold in tension the mask behind the screen itself.

Eric10 18:09 16 Apr 04

This is because your monitor uses the aperture grille technique rather than the older shadow mask. click here for more information.

Rayuk 18:51 16 Apr 04

And I think they are called Damper wires

Forum Editor 18:59 16 Apr 04

and they're essential - they prevent the very fine wires that form the aperture grille from vibrating and ruining the display quality. What you can see are in fact the shadows cast by the damper wires. Some people (I'm one of them) find these shadow lines irritating, others seem able to ignore them after a time.

There's nothing you can do about them, and they're perfectly normal with this type of display.A couple of years ago this question used to crop up very often, but I can't remember having seen it for a while.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…