Failure to write to cd.

Meshuga 14:45 26 May 05

I am trying to back up data onto cd_rws using xp home sp2 and all I get is a message saing "Failed to write to cd, possible cause inferior media. I am using Packard Bell cd-rw discs and have tried other discs with the same result. Do I have to prepare the discs in any way before using them and if so, what. I have, on previous occasions written to discs ok. I am trying this time using Acronis true image but getting nowhere. Any advice please??

BurrWalnut 15:00 26 May 05

Format CD-RWs first.

Meshuga 15:01 26 May 05

How do I do that please BurrWalnut. My knowledge is limited. Thanks.

Aspman 15:34 26 May 05

Check the help (top right of the menu bar at the top of the window usually or press F1). Search teh help for formatting rewritable media or erasing media.

Meshuga 15:56 26 May 05

Thanks Aspman. Have checked via F1 but can find no reference to formatting or erasing media.

Meshuga 16:18 26 May 05

Bump

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:21 26 May 05

CD writing problems
click here

Meshuga 18:51 26 May 05

Many thanks Fruit Bat. Have saved tha and will study it. Since posting I have tried tio record on cd-r as well as cd-rw and it wont record on cd-r either. May take me a little while to get around to doing it due to domestic problem.(not women)

Meshuga 21:46 26 May 05

Hi Fruit Bat. I have checked out all relevant aspects in your `Click Here` and all check out ok so I am now suspecting the acronis true image prog might be at fault. I have also been told that I should not have to format new disks. Will have to get further advice on acronis. Many thanks for everyones offer of help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:02 26 May 05

I always had to format new CD RW discs.

Beware clash of software for writing to CD RWs I use INCD fom Nero but it will clash with Roxio version.

Meshuga 22:33 26 May 05

I dont know how to format them. I`m trying to write to them using Acronis. Can you tell me the proceedure for formatting as i cant find any reference to it. I am about to go to bed but will pick up any replies in the morning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…