Failure of Windows Livemail to SEND when PC is abroad.

Farleyjim 04 Feb 12

I am using Windows Livemail on my HP Pavilion DM1. When I am out of the UK I can receive perfectly well but I cannot send. The only work round I've found is to go to the Virgin web site and send mail from there. What do I need to do? Any ideas? I'm not even sure whether this post will go through. I am posting this from Tenerife.

Woolwell 04 Feb 12

You need to change the smtp settings to those through how you are accessing the internet whilst overseas. Personally I prefer to use webmail whilst away as then I don't get this problem and do not have to change settings on return.

Farleyjim 04 Feb 12

Thanks Woolwell but I don't suppose you know what the settings could be, do you?

Woolwell 04 Feb 12

I've no idea how you are connecting.

Woolwell 04 Feb 12

Are you using a hotel's wifi or internet?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to set up Apple Music & make sure you don't get charged: Get Apple Music for free

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message