failure, undeliverable

Filch 12:59 13 Jun 04

For the past few days I have been receiving messages say such as 'failure notice', 'returned mail', 'undeliverable', &c from Mailer-Daemon@(different addresses), Mail Delivery Subsystem, and System Administrator. Thing is, I never sent the messages in question. So far I have received five this morning, eight or so yesterday, and I don't know how many before that.

Any one know what's going on, and what I can do about it?

johnnyrocker 13:10 13 Jun 04

not a lot, someone with your address intheir system has become infected and the virus is mailing out to anyone and everyone listed on that pc and because it is using your valid mail address you will get the bounced ones just delete them because they contain a virus, it eventually goes away.

johnny.

pj123 13:23 13 Jun 04

I get 3 or 4 of them a day now (see this thread)click here

I even had one from symantec.com yesterday saying that an email I had sent them contains a virus. I haven't sent symantec an email. Do you not have an anti-virus programme on your PC? If not download AVG (free) from click here and install it.

Filch 14:10 13 Jun 04

Yes, I have AVG; but I don't open them, I use MailWasher so I just delete them from there. I had an idea of what was going on, I just wanted to make sure, and to see if there is some way of stopping it.

Thanks for the prompt replies.

Filch 14:13 13 Jun 04

Resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…