Failure to send e-mails - receive e-mail's OK.

nutcrusher 17:57 21 Mar 03

I receive "An unknown occurred" message.
Acct pop.freeserve.net
Server: SMTP
Protocol: SMTP, Port 25
Secure SSL
No
Error Number 0x800.CCC

Can any one help please?

Nutcrusher.

MAJ 18:03 21 Mar 03

If that error message is as it appears, it looks like you don't have your SMTP details installed in OE > Tools > Accounts > Freeserve > Properties button > Server tab.

billyliv 20:13 21 Mar 03

Hi, Check out your smtp settings (details) in Tools> Accounts> Freeserve account> properties. click on the servers tab and your outgoing mail should read smtp.freeserve.net As silly as it sounds a lot of people when entering the details manually put the 'p' before the 't', a space where it shouldn't be or the dot in the wrong place. Cheers, Bill

Megatyte 20:32 21 Mar 03

The Freeserve servers are freeserve.com, not net

AH

powerless 20:36 21 Mar 03

Actually they can be either .com or .net.

Ironman556 20:44 21 Mar 03

Are you trying to send via the freeserve account while connected to a different ISP?

Some (most I think) ISP's require you to be connected to them to send emails through their addresses, but you should be able to download mail while connected to any ISP.

For example, I have a BT account and UKOnline. To send via my old UKonline address I must connect to UKOnline or sign into their webmail. I can connect to BT and still receive mail from UKOnline. I don't think there's a workaround, but if anyone knows one please pass it on ;-)

Ironman.

nutcrusher 22:18 21 Mar 03

MAJ - tried and tested this OK
billyliv - yes checked this OK
MEGATYTE - Yes done both!
Powerless - Yes Freeserve agree.
Ironman556 - Only with freeserve.

I will try deleting all connections etc - switch off - reboot and then reload via a new Freeserve CD, but it may be Sunday before I try this as the computer in question is 90 miles away! Tried Freeserve Helpline but they failed - usually most helpful. This computer worked fine with another ISP - hull24 - but deleted this ISP s the computer not in Hull and switched to freeserve and to make New Connection.

woodchip 22:36 21 Mar 03

You can set all to send by the one you dial-up to. even when the pop is a different server

Megatyte 15:46 22 Mar 03

On the Freeserve homepage you'll find a retrieve account link. Delete your F'serve mail accounts and then re-install them using the Configure button at the end of the online wizard.(Password needed)

AH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now