Failure to find My Computer drives in XP

Andrew-269003 15:41 11 Nov 03

Re - using SFC /SCANNOW. Unfortunately this has not worked. I am back to square one. Is there any other options to correct this problem of finding the list of drivers on xp after clicking My Computer?

gold 47 16:42 11 Nov 03

Try going to device manager click on the hardware you want to install and tick on don't search then tick install from a list or specific location that should bring up drivers if you haven't got a driver disk click next and Windows will install
the driver of your choice.

Andrew-269003 09:00 12 Nov 03

Sorry gold 47. I don't want to install a driver, but when I click on My Computer, i do not get a list of the drives available, i.e. c drive, a drive, d drive, etc. I get a searching torch which swings for up to three or four minutes before finding them (sometimes). Any tips?

gold 47 09:40 12 Nov 03

Sorry for misunderstanding your thread check the event log to find out what is causing the computer to hang this sounds like your running software that is not compatible with XP you might
have to reformat and reinstall your OS when did this start? have you installed something of late?
this is the worst of XP and you will be hard pushed to sort this without a reinstall i assume
your running XP you don't say.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…