//some 3rd party need geo

Failure To Boot Windows 2000

tbh123 14:04 29 Aug 04

When I boot up the system (Windows 2000), it fails to boot up. Message appeared : Drive Not Ready - System Halted. Anyone can help?

cga 14:08 29 Aug 04

1. Check your BIOS setting are correct for the drive (not been altered).

2. Check the power and data cables are seated correctly.

At what stage does this message appear?

tbh123 16:00 29 Aug 04

The message appear in the initial stage.(1)Why I can start my wins 2000 after a few times? (2)I can restart easily after that but not after I switch my PC for a while? (3) I used Norton Systemworks and it didn't detect any problem? (4) What drive is it refferring to?

Totally-braindead 16:03 29 Aug 04

Why have you started 2 threads on exactly the same subject? I just answered the other one. Click one of them as resolved and carry on with the other one there is no point having 2 threads open on the same subject it just wastes peoples time answering both of them with the same answer.

cga 16:17 29 Aug 04

From what you tell us now it sounds as if you either have a dodgy power connection or, more likely, the drive is not powering up properly and is on its way out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…