Fails to boot

duffbeer 09:43 04 Dec 04

I have been asked to look at a pc running ME,I have re-installed os, software and new cd-rom drive which all ran perfectly, but now it will not boot. The Packard Bell boot screen appears, and gives option to press escape to switch to post or F2 to run CMOS setup. The keyboard will not accept commands and I cannot progress further. Checked psu, power is on the mobo and all connectors are ok. Can anyone please help ?

Diodorus Siculus 09:46 04 Dec 04

Did the machine come with any particular restore disks etc?

duffbeer 09:48 04 Dec 04

No, just freezes on the PBell boot screen and no other options avail.

Diodorus Siculus 09:52 04 Dec 04

What I meant was to ask whethere the machine came with a boot disk from Packard Bell? Often a red floppy and a couple of CDs.

duffbeer 09:54 04 Dec 04

Just checked all the bits that I have with the m/c and no other discs. I think he was given it 2nd hand by a family member

Diodorus Siculus 15:46 04 Dec 04

Have you had a look at the Packard Bell site?

Diemmess 16:01 04 Dec 04

Did this just happen? ........ You didn't make even a small change from the time when it was all up and running?

If you did make some small change, then try and go undo...............But if it just happened, then I would go plodding back to disconnect almost everything from the mother board except the RAM and floppy drive. Then see how far you reach in the next bootup.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…