Failed to Retrieve Email

Pesala 07:30 13 Sep 03

I recently started getting this message. Does anyone know what it means?

My Account Name>

Opera tried to retrieve message 88 (UIDL 1063407124.32124.erebus.uk.clara.net) from the POP3 server, but failed to store it on your machine.

My Account Name>

Opera tried to retrieve message 89 (UIDL 1063407289.81100.chaos.uk.clara.net) from the POP3 server, but failed to store it on your machine.

Forum Editor 08:29 13 Sep 03

with Opera 6.0 whereby the email client fails to download a particular message. You'll see that there are say 10 messages on the server, but Opera only gets you 9 of them.

You won't have lost the messages, they'll stay on the server, and Opera will probably download them next time, or the time after that. As far as I know there isn't a specific fix for it, although I have seen references to a damaged index.ini file in the opera directory being the culprit.

anchor 08:39 13 Sep 03

If you cant wait to see the missing message, try looking at it by logging on here:

click here

Pesala 08:43 13 Sep 03

I'm now using Opera 7.20 beta 10. Even given the complexity of Opera and the number of bugs to be fixed, it seems unlikely that an issue like this will still be around from Opera 6.

I checked on the server, there are no messages that have not been downloaded.

Forum Editor 08:49 13 Sep 03

so I assumed you were using version 6.0

Nevertheless this is a very well documented problem - as you'll see if you check the Opera newsgroups. The fact that you can't see any remaining messages on the server via the web is puzzling.

Pesala 00:36 14 Sep 03

I reinstalled the Beta 10 patch, which fixed it.
The problem might have been caused by a corrupt index.ini according to a couple of threads at Opera.com.

Beta 11 released now. Downloaded and installed. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…