failed Norton Ghost 2003

rosie 15:33 20 Feb 05

I'm running Windows XP Home and my computer works perfectly 99.9 percent of the time. However, I run Norton Ghost and when I first used it, it worked fine but I haven't been able to use it successfully for the past half dozen or so times. It copies until the last disk then suddenly fails. I've tried every possible way of sorting it but have almost decided to uninstall and try another kind of backup. Any advice either on the Ghost problem or on other methods of complete backup with Windows XP - which won't back up onto CD's on the System file backup, would be welcome

sattman 15:46 20 Feb 05

I used Norton Ghost, but found Drive Image gave me more confidence especially on restore image. There are others that are equally as good

mgmcc 15:50 20 Feb 05

You could use Ghost 2003 to backup to a second internal hard drive or an external USB drive instead of burning CDs.

I use an external USB hard drive so that I can connect it to more than one PC to create Ghost backups.

ventanas 16:18 21 Feb 05

I've used Ghost and Drive Image, but find this better than any of them click here

jimv7 16:57 21 Feb 05

Using ghost, create a boot floppy, boot from the floppy into ghost, in options, tick the box to enable 'spanning' then carefully followint the correct links, create your image.

I have just burnt a 3.7gb image of a friends hard drive using ghost 2003 with this method to a dvd disk. Took 20mins to create the bootable image.

rosie 09:02 23 Feb 05

Thanks for all the help with this, I finally downloaded Acronis but still haven't had time to Image drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…