Failed installation of Windows XP on the SSD.

dansan41 23:08 17 Sep 14

Hi folks, I need some advice, I am the system administrator and need to replace the 50 clients who all have requirements to run Windows XP professional x86 on a closed intranet where they run Quicktime mov files. They must be able to run on SSD. I've tested a few different manufacturers and selected shuttle DS 437 due to low maintenance and very low power consumption. Can install xp x86 with no errors on the PC without problems on a normal SATA hard drive. But I did not manage to run xp on SSD.

Has performed a Slipstream of the SATA AHCI Drivers Into a Windows XP sp3 x86 DVD Using nLite and then it was possible to install xp without bluescreen from the windows xp install dvd.

I had a little challenges with installing the last part of the installation (after auto restart) Had to manually enter the path to the externally DVD drives as PC looked after the necessary drivers in "GLOBALROOT \ DEVICE \ ​​CDROM0 \ I386" xp found all the last drivers (about 10) in this way and installed xp complete.

But xp is not complete some way . Can’t install NET Framework and there is no network connections in windows even if all drivers are installed without problems and all devices in the device manager is without error. I can manually start the network connections in services.msc and all network connections can now be seen but they can not operate without error the update status only if I press F5. Can see missing some files in system32 folder but can not install them. So I gave up this installation.

Tried to clone the normal hard drive running smoothly. Have followed the recommendations and reduced donor hard drive two 25GB. and partition alignment SSD 30GB hard drive with 10MB before partition. But it will not boot, think missing MBR, tried fixmbr command with Recovery Console without success. Very close to giving up.

1 Some have experience / success with installing Windows XP x86 on a shuttle DS437 with SSD with Intel NM70 Express chipset

2 Proposals for a similar fan loose slim PC, which can be confirmed running smoothly with windows xp installed on SSD

Thanks ))

click here Intel Celeron 1037U dual core CPU CHIPSET Intel NM70 Express chipset DRIVE BAYS (1) 2.5" HDD / SSD bay STORAGE INTERFACE 6.0Gb/s bandwidth SATA3 OS SUPPORT Windows XP, Windows 7,Windows 8, Linux VGA DVI-I + HDMI dual display AUDIO Realtek ALC662 channel High Definition Audio ETHERNET Realtek 8111G X2

PROCESSOR

Jollyjohn 11:32 18 Sep 14

About network / internet connection. W XP has IE6 as default browser, this no longer connects to the MS site or many other sites.

Install IE8 and the connection will work, Windows updates will run and drivers can be downloaded if needed.

dansan41 16:24 18 Sep 14

Thanks for the advice, but that not a solution. the installation have no Iexplore at all, and I can't install it like NET Framework I just get an error and it faile.

I'm pretty sure the windows xp inst. it's pretty bed installed ever it gone through witn no fail do the installation beside the missing path to the dvd drive.

lotvic 19:21 18 Sep 14

As Windows XP is not very SDD friendly - If you do a google for 'install windows xp on ssd drive' there are guides that tell you you have to prepare the SSD drive and TRIM and optimize and Partition alignment etc.

Which guide have you followed? (so we will know the prep work you have already done and don't waste your time with a hotch-potch of suggestions you have already implemented)

lotvic 22:39 19 Sep 14

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5