Failed hard Drive ?

huddy1710 22:06 05 Feb 05

After restarting my computer it failed to boot..saying insert boot disc..installed repair consul and tryed to fixboot..this also failed..tryed to reformat..this also failed..tryed using maxblast3.. this also would not work.. took hard drive out of master and made it slave ..installed windows to the new drive and booted from it.. sluggish start up but worked ok..tryed to access slave drive but could'nt..simply can't access this drive..is it us? any thoughts would be appreciated

Totally-braindead 22:28 05 Feb 05

Maxblast 3 can give you more info on the drives than just formatting them, suggest you run it again and see if it says anything. If Maxblast finds the drive then that suggests to me its ok, if theres a problem in that the drive is dead then it wouldn't find it.

huddy1710 22:35 05 Feb 05

When i try and run maxblast..it loads? then says ..thankyou for using etc.. have tried repairing windows..but when i select the partition to repair i get a blue screen of death..as aslave drive maxblast sees it but when format is selected it then says ..thankyou for using etc.. i simply cant access this drive.. where am i going wrong?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…