Failed connection

oldbeefer2 20:17 12 Dec 06

Came home from work today to find unsent messages in my outbox (generated by the other half). Tried to connect to Google - no connection. Router lights saying connected. Gave it another couple of hours - still nothing. Switched the router off for a while and then back on. Everything working normally now. Never had this problem with a modem (now using modem/router, connected to PC via ethernet cable). This is the third time this has happened. ISP Vispa - very reliable to date. Any ideas why, please?

lotvic 23:51 12 Dec 06

could just be a build up of static
seached forum for 'switch router off' and there are lots of threads for topic. Try this one click here it gives lots of reasons that you can check out.

oldbeefer2 09:51 13 Dec 06

Thanks lotvic - i'll check it out.

Dipso 13:36 13 Dec 06

Is your PC left on?

If I leave my PC on for more than a few hours then come back to it, I find I can't connect to the net. Rebooting the PC rather than the router cures the problem in my case.

I have asked around as to what the reason could be and was told it may be something to do with Microsofts .net framework but after uninstalling/reinstalling it was still the same.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5