fail safe mode

morgueman 00:38 14 Feb 05

Hello all, my youngest turned my pc on and off several times and now when i turn it on, it starts up in fail safe mode. I can either press esc and go into setup menu, the one with the bios, etc or press f1 and the screen continues to load as normal! I've phoned the shop about it and they said that a heading in the setup menu wasent there, so would have to take it into the shop to get it sorted! I was just wondering if anyone could help? thanks,
morgueman

curlylad 01:41 14 Feb 05

What operating system are you using ?

morgueman 01:51 14 Feb 05

sorry, forgot that! Windows XP, computer new in december 2004

curlylad 10:41 14 Feb 05

Firstly I would check to see that the system files are all OK , to do this - start , run , type "sfc /scannow" , and let this check your system files .

NOTE in the run command box just type what is in between the "" , also note that there is a gap between sfc and / .

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:46 14 Feb 05

You could do a system restore to just before youngset son got his hands on the computer. If that fails give him a sound thrashing and gruel for 2 weeks. I find this always works.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…