Factory reworked?

Ray5776 22:25 01 Feb 06

Hi everyone,
has anyone dealt with Morgan Computers, I have in the past bought a "factory refurb" printer from them
as far as I could see it was brand new (all packaged up with every thing one would expect)works perfectly
and was about half normal discount price.
At the moment they are offering "factory reworked" desktops and I am tempted to buy one.
Can anyone explain what two terms mean.

Ray

Stuartli 22:27 01 Feb 06

At least one forum member has commented in the past that Morgan Computers (a well respected outlet) offers refurbished digital cameras that were, as far as could be ascertained, brand new.

They are normally models that have been superceded.

VoG II 22:30 01 Feb 06
  Stuartli 22:31 01 Feb 06

You do have to keep your eyes peeled though.

My son bought a new AG Neovo 19" TFT monitor recently for £187 including delivery from Microdirect - price at above establishment is £235...:-)

Ray5776 22:38 01 Feb 06

Hi,

thanks for your responses, I have been to their site and spoken to them on the phone, I was just looking for some independent views or comments. I don`t mind if model is superceded curious as to why they don`t say so.

ray

Ray5776 22:51 01 Feb 06

Another point springs to mind, the printer that I bought from them "new in my opinion" and a good buy did not have English instructions in the manual. I suspect it was meant for export only, not that it matters at all just making a point. There is probably some legal thing about how things are described.

ray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now