factory restore setting

adamagain 19:03 30 Aug 03

Hi can anyone tell me if i have done the above is it possable to restore the lost files back.

It does warn you that it will wipe them but i thought there might be away around it.

many thanks

powerless 19:22 30 Aug 03

There gone... there are file recovery apps out there that might be able to recover YOUR lost files. But i think they are gone...

click here

If you save anything to your PC even installing the above then the area of the disk where your files were might be overwritten which makes it even harder...

What about Backups?

powerless 19:23 30 Aug 03

Someone maybe able to recommend a file recovery app.

krypt1c 19:37 30 Aug 03

You could try PC inspector from click here
B ut as Powerless says you may overwrite an area were your files were written to when you install it.

rickf 20:21 30 Aug 03

The files are gone. Before the restore you would have been warned to copu data to another device like a CD.

adamagain 16:53 31 Aug 03

wee eddie 17:58 31 Aug 03

Have you done a full restore yet?

If you have not, then copy all your files to whatever medium you have available. If you have a CD/R - Copy them to that - beg or borrow a ZIP drive, whatever.

If you have done a full restoration.

There are companies that will recover your files but you should expect to pay several hundred pounds.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…