Factory restore on dell nspiron 1520 will not work

daisy2bell 16:22 21 Feb 09

Dell inspiron 1520 vista basic

Trying to do a "factory restore" It starts ok, then a box pops up with the word "error" no explanation is given.
I have run it in normal and administrator mode, no difference.
Trying to do this from my D drive (recovery)

Have done this numerous times on my HP laptop and Compaq PC with no problems.
I'm really stumped here.

crosstrainer 16:29 21 Feb 09

Go into your BIOS screen and ensure that Recovery is enabled.

This part varies from make to make, so refer to your manual for exact details, but normally Alt+F10 will start the process.

daisy2bell 18:52 21 Feb 09

crosstrainer

Thanks for the reply. I managed to do it in the end. Had to press F8 when booting up, then choose" repair" option

All sorted now.
Thanks

nepakabintas 19:05 21 Feb 09

hello! i just discovered a brand new site and i really felt like sharing with you!
click here - it is a penny auction, where you can buy all brand new items like laptops, iPod's, LCD TV's, Nintendo Wii, digital camera's, PC and even cars! for a few pennies. IT IS REALLY MAD! but it is true, come and take a look and register. Registration only takes couple of minutes, and in few moments you my win a brand new laptop or TV!
it is all in here - click here - i am waiting for you, Don't miss this chance to grab a superb bargain for a few pennies. click here
thank you, yours sincerely Thomas Cook.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…