Factory Reset On Dell 9200

Blacki 17:28 28 Aug 07

Hi,

I would like to do a factory reset on a dell 9200 because of problems with McAfee. Has anyone got a step by step guide. Dell want to charge me 50 Euro to do this.

Thanks

STREETWORK 17:51 28 Aug 07

Just use the 'restore disc which came with the PC. If no restore disc, call dell and request one. some dell's have the restore located on the hard-drive, worth looking at their website...

sidecar sid 18:12 28 Aug 07

If your laptop has a restore partition on the hard drive, press Control+F11 on startup and follow the on screen prompts.

lotvic 00:39 29 Aug 07

download the manual from click here
read pages 72 to 74 which give you step by step instructions on the methods available

Page 74 is the Factory Reset 'Using Dell PC Restore by Symantec'

Blacki 14:15 05 Sep 07

Hi,

I have downloaded those manuals but they are based on Win XP. I'm running Vista Premium. Also i have McAfee and not Norton. I have tried CRTL and F11 but nothing works. Any ideas.

Thanks

tullie 14:18 05 Sep 07

Cant you just uninstall McAfee

Blacki 17:50 05 Sep 07

Hi Tullie

Tried that and couldn't get it to re-install properly again. Dell wantted 50 euros to fix it for me. I done a complete format and reinstalled Vista and then McAfee. Took a bit longer but its working fine now.
Dell were not much help. Unless you paid out more money. PC is only 5 months old.

Thanks for your help everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…