Facebook Trojan horse?

ethelbert 25 Mar 12

Someone has just emailed me telling me about Facebook rojan Horse. In the coming days, you should be aware.....Do not open any message with an attachment called: Invitation FACEBOOK, regardless of who sent it. It is a virus that opens an OlympIc torch that burns the whole hard disc C of your computer.........

I cannot see anything on the net other than Avast got in a muddle and sent these messages out to members. Is this correct? Thanks

Forum Editor 25 Mar 12

Like all messages of this nature, this one is a hoax.

Ignore it and delete it - do NOT send it on to your friends and contacts; that's exactly what the perpetrator wants you to do.

ethelbert 25 Mar 12

Many thanks, that is what I thought and what I have told him, but at first I couldn;t find much on the web about this. Came here for the knowledge. Thanks

Woolwell 25 Mar 12

Hoax slayer or Snopes are good sites to check on these sort of things.

robin_x 25 Mar 12

I echo the above.

So far I have not heard of any Malware that infects a Recovery Partition or USB external hard drives.

If you make your own Image Backup a computer is easily re-buildable.

Save your most important files somewhere like Dropbox or MS Skydrive.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message