facebook query

johnnyrocker 03 Oct 11

i was visiting a friend today who is on facebook as am i, the problem is on her xp home there is no sign in option for chat etc whereas on my xp pro i do have the facility, any ideas?

johnny

northumbria61 03 Oct 11

To make yourself unavailable for both chat and video calling, click in the bottom right corner of the messaging sidebar. Then uncheck Available to Chat.

You will still be able to see the sidebar even if you’re unavailable to chat. To hide the sidebar, select Hide Sidebar from the same actions menu.

To make yourself available to chat again, return to the actions menu and select Available to Chat, or just click on a friend in your sidebar to start chatting.

northumbria61 03 Oct 11

To start a chat, click the name of the friend you want to chat with in the right sidebar of any Facebook page. If you don't see the person you want to chat with there, you can type their name into the search box at the bottom of the sidebar. If you don't see the sidebar, click Chat at the bottom right of the page.

Once you open a chat window, just type your message and press Enter or Return on your keyboard.

How you know a friend is available to chat:

Friends with a next to their names are available to chat
Friends with no icon next to their names are unavailable
  johnnyrocker 03 Oct 11

my thanks for your efforts, unfortunately the facility in your first suggestion is no available on their machine but is on mine! my facebook page works ok on her machine hence the puzzle

johnny

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

Found Studio reveals the making of the Unleashed, Uncut Peugeot 208 viral

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message