facebook problem IE8

johnnyrocker 06 Sep 11

been away a few days and find that facebook display is all over the shop layoutwise but ok in firefox? is it my end or theres?

johnny

northumbria61 06 Sep 11

Try this - Go to Control Panel - accessibility options - display - turn off use high contrast

johnnyrocker 06 Sep 11

thanks for suggestion but it was not ticked anyway

johnny

johnnyrocker 06 Sep 11

maybe the evening shift can help? it was ok when i went away for the weekend

johnny

johnnyrocker 07 Sep 11

this evening while being bored about the problem i tried system restore to before i went away and no change, but strangely enough is still ok on firefox any ideas please?

johnny

letsgetrdy 07 Sep 11

Do you have any advert blocking software installed, have you reset IE to it's default preferences. Cleared all of IE's cache?

Please describe in more detail, are objects appearing above other things, text boxes not aligned etc?

johnnyrocker 09 Sep 11

further checks reveal no problems on fire fox or google chrome, in explorer8 profile and friends is on the right hand side of pic and to check posts etc one has to scroll down about 2 thirds of the screen where they start to appear and i am at a loss have run avg and malware

johnny

johnnyrocker 10 Sep 11

anyone?

johnny

rdave13 10 Sep 11

Have you tried compatibility view?

Compatibility view.

johnnyrocker 10 Sep 11

i have thank you and no change, what i dont understand is there was no problem before i went away for a weekend?

johnny

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message