facebook how do I remove myself

gfergie 08 Dec 12

Can anyone tell me how to remove myself from facebook?

Nontek 08 Dec 12
  LanceAlot 08 Dec 12

I disabled my account yesterday and it's a long protracted drawn out process, with at least five stages.

nickf 08 Dec 12

The best thing to do with these kind of sites is NOT to remove yourself , but to just change all your details , eg < date of birth email address phone No . If you delete , it stays hanging around for about 3 months , but changes are done straight away !

rdave13 08 Dec 12

Some more info here with tips of what to do before deletion. I think you need to be logged in to Farcebook before clicking the delete tab.

http://deletefacebook.com/

caccy 08 Dec 12

I agree with nickf. I remove myself from unwanted sites by putting rubbish in my profile i.e [email protected] as an address

rdave13 08 Dec 12

I don't know how these media software works but if you only put gobbledegook in your account then traceability would still be there to your original information I would think. By all means input rubbish but also delete your account.

nickf 08 Dec 12

I have a trash email I dont use , and an alias , so they have data to use , just nobody home! Lol

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message