facebook how do I remove myself

gfergie 10:19 AM 08 Dec 12

Can anyone tell me how to remove myself from facebook?

Nontek 10:22 AM 08 Dec 12
  LanceAlot 11:32 AM 08 Dec 12

I disabled my account yesterday and it's a long protracted drawn out process, with at least five stages.

nickf 13:23 PM 08 Dec 12

The best thing to do with these kind of sites is NOT to remove yourself , but to just change all your details , eg < date of birth email address phone No . If you delete , it stays hanging around for about 3 months , but changes are done straight away !

rdave13 16:48 PM 08 Dec 12

Some more info here with tips of what to do before deletion. I think you need to be logged in to Farcebook before clicking the delete tab.

caccy 17:09 PM 08 Dec 12

I agree with nickf. I remove myself from unwanted sites by putting rubbish in my profile i.e [email protected] as an address

rdave13 17:28 PM 08 Dec 12

I don't know how these media software works but if you only put gobbledegook in your account then traceability would still be there to your original information I would think. By all means input rubbish but also delete your account.

nickf 17:35 PM 08 Dec 12

I have a trash email I dont use , and an alias , so they have data to use , just nobody home! Lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016