facebook how do I remove myself

gfergie 08 Dec 12

Can anyone tell me how to remove myself from facebook?

Nontek 08 Dec 12
  LanceAlot 08 Dec 12

I disabled my account yesterday and it's a long protracted drawn out process, with at least five stages.

nickf 08 Dec 12

The best thing to do with these kind of sites is NOT to remove yourself , but to just change all your details , eg < date of birth email address phone No . If you delete , it stays hanging around for about 3 months , but changes are done straight away !

rdave13 08 Dec 12

Some more info here with tips of what to do before deletion. I think you need to be logged in to Farcebook before clicking the delete tab.

http://deletefacebook.com/

caccy 08 Dec 12

I agree with nickf. I remove myself from unwanted sites by putting rubbish in my profile i.e [email protected] as an address

rdave13 08 Dec 12

I don't know how these media software works but if you only put gobbledegook in your account then traceability would still be there to your original information I would think. By all means input rubbish but also delete your account.

nickf 08 Dec 12

I have a trash email I dont use , and an alias , so they have data to use , just nobody home! Lol

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message